WEATHER SITUATIONAL AWARENESS REPORT 2.17.22 @ 4:30pm
- Snowfall will occur until 6pm. Flurries in the evening.
- Blowing and drifting snow will continue to be a concern until about Midnight, when wind conditions become less gusty.
- East-West roads will continue to be hazardous throughout the night due to blowing and drifting snow. Ice on the roads is possible.
- Travel in the morning will be difficult at times.
- Bitter cold Friday (1 degree) with a warming trend Saturday.
- No further updates will be issued unless circumstances change.
- Have a great weekend!
WEATHER SITUATIONAL AWARENESS REPORT 2.17.22 @ 11:15
- Powerful low-pressure system will bring impactful weather to Central Illinois today ending around 9:00pm.
- Hazards include ice, snow, flooding (south I72), and strong winds.
- Snow – snow has begun. Will be heavy between noon and 4:00pm.
- Ice – fell from 9:00am to now. Take extra caution when venturing outdoors or traveling.
- Winds – will be high in our area causing near blizzard (whiteout) conditions. Do not travel this afternoon if you do not have to.
- Power – power outages could be possible due to the high winds. While most utility lines in Sherman are underground, we still can lose power due to utility feeds that originate from outside our community.
- Subzero Temps – tonight the temperatures will drop to approximately -12F (wind chill). Remember to care for your outdoor animals and pets.
The Village asks all residents to limit any vehicular travel to essential or emergency only. The current road conditions are deteriorating rapidly. Do not forget to please park vehicles off the streets for snow removal.