Emergency Management Director
View Bio >
2629 E. Andrew Road
(mail address: 401 St. Johns Drive)
Sherman, IL 62684
Emergency: DIAL 9-1-1
About Sherman Emergency Management Agency
The Village of Sherman EMA is committed to providing quality public safety services to the citizens of Sherman. Our mission is to operate, maintain and continue to improve the public safety of the community through professional practices within the budget parameters as provided by the Village Board.
Our programs and practices include, but is not limited to:
- Maintains an Emergency Operations Center located in a secure weather resistant facility.
- Maintains a current National Weather Service “Storm Ready” designation. The Village was the first community in Sangamon County to receive this designation.
- Operate the Village outdoor siren system and electronic alerting system.
- Collaborates with other first responders, village departments and our mutual-aid partners to establish action plans and Incident Action Plans as needed.
- Represents the Village of Sherman on the Sangamon Valley Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) and the Sangamon County Multi-Jurisdictional Natural Hazards Mitigation Task Force.
- Provides educational resources; many that can be downloaded from this website.
- Provides a speaker program of how citizens can protect themselves in three steps.