Chief of Police
Chief Craig Bangert
View Bio >
Sherman Police Department
2629 East Andrew Road
Sherman, IL 62684
(Mailing Address: 401 St. Johns Drive)
Emergency: DIAL 9-1-1
Officers On-Duty 24/7
The Sherman Police Department utilizes social media sites as an important communication tool to keep residents informed. Click below to follow us on:
If you "See Something-Say Something" by using our Tip Line to provide information you think we should know about. Your information is confidential.
About Sherman Police Department
The Village of Sherman Police Department is committed to providing quality public safety services to the citizens of Sherman. Our mission is to operate, maintain and continue to improve the public safety of the community through professional practices within the budget parameters as provided by the Village Board.
Our programs and practices include, but is not limited to:
- Maintains a full-time 24 hours a day - 7 days a week (24/7) on-duty police force.
- Recipient of the “Agency Preparedness Award” from the Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System (ILEAS).
- Collaborates with other first responders, village departments and our mutual-aid partners to establish action plans and Incident Action Plans as needed.
- Represents the Village of Sherman on matters related to law enforcement at: the monthly police chief’s meeting sponsored by the Sheriff of Sangamon County, and as member of the Central Illinois Association of Law Enforcement Executives, Sangamon County Law Enforcement Executives & Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police.
- Provides educational resources; many that can be downloaded from this website.
- Provides a speaker program able to discuss relevant law enforcement topics.