Village Administrator and Economic Development Coordinator
View Bio >
Sherman Village Hall
401 St. John Drive
Sherman, IL 62684
217.496.2621 (Village Hall)
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Greetings, on behalf of Village President Trevor J. Clatfelter, the Village Board of Trustees and the entire Village of Sherman I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to briefly share with you some of the "Economic Development Opportunities" available in our community.
New Business & Economic Development
Sherman is located north of the State Capital of Springfield and is known for its strong family values, highly rated school system and having a friendly business environment. Sherman is an ideal location to move your family and business to!
We are the “Gateway to our Capital City and Lincoln Historic Sites”.
Some of the benefits to relocating to Sherman are:
- We are the fastest growing community in the County (2010 Census).
- We are located right off of Interstate 55 at mile marker 105.
- Our 3 business districts are TIF classified and are located close to the interstate.
We are located:
- 7 miles north of the national crossroad of I72 and I55.
- 55 miles south of the national crossroad of I74/I55.
- 7 miles north of Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport.
- Located right between the Chicago and St. Louis regions.
- Within 10 minutes of major shopping malls, medical districts and historic sites.
Public Safety Services consist of:
- Police protection with officers available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Fire and EMS provided by a Class 4 Fire Protection District.
- Emergency Management provided through state certified staff.
- Public Works staff ensures an infrastructure that you can count on.
- 35 Acre site anchored with a Walgreens, UCB Bank and County Market already established.
- 99 Acre Rail Point TIF site just south of the Village purchased Village Park area.
- 294.6 Acres established in the original TIF site.
With outstanding interstate access, three TIF Districts all situated along and with direct access from Business 55, our proximity to Springfield, an outstanding School District and a positive economic development climate for existing businesses, the economic development outlook for Sherman is positive and we believe Sherman is the place to locate your business.
The Village of Sherman looks forward to assisting with you in your development. For confidential information on land, buildings and TIF eligible financing please give me a call.