Public Works Director
View Bio >
Sherman Village Hall
401 St. John's Drive
Sherman, IL 62684
Monday – Friday
6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Public Works Emergency
Contact us at 217.306.5751.
About Public Works
The Village of Sherman Department of Public works is committed to providing professional and quality service to the citizens of Sherman. Our mission is to operate, maintain and continue to improve the Village of Sherman’s public infrastructure in a professional and timely manner within the budget parameters as provided by the Village Board.
Our infrastructure program includes, but is not limited to,
- Maintain and repair and snow removal of over 26 miles of streets and alleys,
- Maintain over 200 decorative and utility owned street lights and signage,
- Maintain over 100 acres of open public greenspace with numerous structures, facilities and sports fields,
- Maintain nearly 18.2 acres public lakes and ponds,
- Maintain and posting of announcements on the two Village entry signs,
- Maintain over 8 acres of culverts, right of ways and easement areas,
- Maintain, repair and upkeep of various structures in our parks that include playgrounds, shelters and batting cages,
- Install, maintain and repair over 130 grinder pumps and underground sanitary sewer lines. Provide educational material on how a resident uses a Grinder Pump System.
- Provides a Limb and Branch Pickup, Mosquito Control Program and Snow Removal Program.
- Provides endless hours lighting and decorating the Village for the winter holiday season and is the father of the “Willie the Frog” contest/tradition.
- Works closely with the Sherman M.O.V.E. to coordinate Village wide beautification projects that truly Make Our Village Exceptional.
- Established working relationships with numerous public organizations to partner on project to share project costs, manpower, and joint purchase/sharing.