Summary of the Rules
Burning allowed only:
- Between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and sunset.
- Only on permitted specific dates.
- Only when the air speed is 14 mph or less, as reported by the National Weather Service in Lincoln.
- All material to be burned must be dry to the touch prior to burning.
- Supervised at all times by a legally competent adult until completely extinguished.
Any vegetable or plant refuse to include trees, tree trimmings, branches, stumps, brush, weeds, leaves, shrubbery and yard trimmings (specifically excluding grass) is eligible to be burned. Landscape waste shall be burnt on the premises on which such landscape waste is generated. All coals and ashes must be completely extinguished before the adult supervising the fire may leave the area.
A water hose must be connected to water sources and shall be accessible to the fire supervisor within 15 feet of the fire. No fire may be permitted to smolder after the end time for burning in the Village.
No burning of construction material, garbage and agricultural waste is allowed.
Click Here for Authorized 2020 Burn Dates