Village Administrator and Economic Development Coordinator
View Bio >
Sherman Village Hall
401 St. John Drive
Sherman, IL 62684
217.496.2621 (Village Hall)
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Role of the Village Administrator
- The Village of Sherman administrative office is committed to providing professional and quality service to the citizens of Sherman. The role of the Village Administrator is to serve as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the organization. Our mission is to operate, maintain and continue to improve the Village of Sherman’s operations in a professional and timely manner within the budget parameters as provided by the Village Board.
- Our office includes, but is not limited to,
- Work closely with the Mayor and Village Board of Trustees to develop, plan and implement programs as developed by the Board.
- Work closely with the other appointed Village Officials and each Village department to ensure efficient, safe, proactive programs are implemented and running.
- Work closely with organizations, clubs, Sangamon County, the City of Springfield and other neighboring communities to maximize our economic development efforts.
- Established working relationships with numerous public organizations to partner on projects, share project costs, manpower, and joint purchase/sharing.
- To respond to citizen, visitor and business inquiries.
- Maintain electronic and printed media that assists the public, visitors and businesses.